The outcome of this project will be the dissemination of a report on good practice in addressing the barriers identified for people with common mental health conditions in remaining in or returning to employment:
- focussing on VCS contribution
- including support for employers, eg: vocational rehabilitation and employment support as part of HWWG specialist support to IAPT and the work of members of the Mental Health Providers Forum (MHPF)
- cascaded through our local and national networks including the national IAPT group and the Responsibility Deal (RD) Health at Work Network.
- identifying through business links the support needs of employers
- delivering a briefing report and learning event / webinar for system partners and commissioners
- identifying gaps in provision / knowledge to make recommendations to partners, including policy leads and national IAPT group for action
- delivering mental health and employment briefing for employers
- providing briefings for CCGs and GPs with possible inclusion in existing BMJ Masterclass for GPs/SPR training run by Clinical Director of HWWG.